<html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" /></head><body style='font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana,Geneva,sans-serif'>
<div class="pre" style="margin: 0; padding: 0; font-family: monospace">&lt;!DOCTYPE html&gt; <br />&lt;html&gt; <br />&lt;head&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;title&gt;Guy N Smith - Newsletter 6&lt;/title&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;meta name="created" content="19/10/23-00:10:00" /&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;meta name="changed" content="00:00:00" /&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;style type="text/css"&gt; <br />&nbsp;body { <br />&nbsp;font-size: 16px; <br />&nbsp;text-align: center; <br />&nbsp;background: #74abdb; <br />&nbsp;} <br />&nbsp;@media screen and (max-width: 600px) { <br />&nbsp;body { <br />&nbsp;font-size: 20px; <br />&nbsp;} <br />&nbsp;} <br />&nbsp;table { <br />&nbsp;width: 80%; <br />&nbsp;background-color: aliceblue; <br />&nbsp;} <br />&nbsp;hr { <br />&nbsp;height: 22; <br />&nbsp;color: rgb(0, 0, 0); <br />&nbsp;} <br />&nbsp;h1 { <br />&nbsp;text-align: center; <br />&nbsp;} <br />&nbsp;h2 { <br />&nbsp;text-align: center; <br />&nbsp;} <br />&nbsp;h3 { <br />&nbsp;text-align: center; <br />&nbsp;} <br />&nbsp;h4 { <br />&nbsp;text-align: center; <br />&nbsp;} <br />&nbsp;h5 { <br />&nbsp;text-align: center; <br />&nbsp;} <br />&nbsp;list { <br />&nbsp;text-align: left; <br />&nbsp;margin-left: 5%; <br />&nbsp;font-weight: bold; <br />&nbsp;} <br />&nbsp;p { <br />&nbsp;line-height: 115%; <br />&nbsp;text-align: justify; <br />&nbsp;margin-left: 5%; <br />&nbsp;margin-right: 5%; <br />&nbsp;margin-top: 0.35cm; <br />&nbsp;margin-bottom: 0.25cm; <br />&nbsp;background: transparent <br />&nbsp;} <br />&nbsp;i { <br />&nbsp;font-weight: bold; <br />&nbsp;font-style: italic; <br />&nbsp;} <br />&nbsp;ul { <br />&nbsp;text-align: left; <br />&nbsp;margin-left: 10%; <br />&nbsp;} <br />&nbsp;a:link { <br />&nbsp;cursor: url(); <br />&nbsp;color: #000080; <br />&nbsp;font-weight: bold; <br />&nbsp;text-decoration: underline <br />&nbsp;} <br />&nbsp;button { <br />&nbsp;background-color: #713F84; <br />&nbsp;color: rgb(255, 255, 255); <br />&nbsp;border: 2px solid #4CAF50; <br />&nbsp;border: none; <br />&nbsp;padding: 16px 32px; <br />&nbsp;text-align: center; <br />&nbsp;text-decoration: none; <br />&nbsp;display: inline-block; <br />&nbsp;font-size: 16px; <br />&nbsp;margin: 4px 2px; <br />&nbsp;transition-duration: 0.4s; <br />&nbsp;cursor: pointer; <br />&nbsp;} <br />&nbsp;copyright { <br />&nbsp;text-align: center; <br />&nbsp;font-style: italic; <br />&nbsp;font-size: 8pt; <br />&nbsp;} <br />&nbsp;&lt;/style&gt; <br />&lt;/head&gt; <br />&lt;body&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;table align="center"&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;tr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;td&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h1&gt;&lt;img src="BlackHillBooks-logo.png" width="427" height="230" alt="" name="image4.jpg" align="middle" <br />&nbsp;border="0"&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;br&gt;&lt;b&gt;Official Newsletter No. 10&lt;br&gt;Celebrating the Life and Works of Guy N Smith 1939-2020&lt;/b&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;br&gt;&lt;img src="image0.jpg" width="175" height="230" alt="" name="image1.jpg" align="bottom" <br />&nbsp;border="0"&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;br&gt;&lt;b&gt;Greetings Fans, Friends and Fiends!&lt;/b&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/h1&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h2&gt;Welcome!&lt;/h2&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;At last we have details of the imminent GNS Fan Convention 2026 (still time to sign up!) plus current <br />&nbsp;and future projects by Black Hill Books. We've been busy all summer with our re-releases!&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;Since the last summer, we've put out ebooks/paperbacks of &lt;i&gt;Cannibals, Killer Crabs: The Return, The <br />&nbsp;Slime Beast, Spawn of the Slime Beast&lt;/i&gt; and &lt;i&gt;Bamboo Guerillas&lt;/i&gt;, and to commemorate 50 years since the <br />&nbsp;first Crabs book, we've launched a special edition of &lt;i&gt;Night of the Crabs&lt;/i&gt; - using the 2009 extended <br />&nbsp;version - in both paperback and hardback (originally published by Ghostwriter Publications) with <br />&nbsp;genuine Rick Melton cover artwork (with a pinch of 'Chris Hall Crab'). Talking of special artwork, <br />&nbsp;we've had super contributions from writer-author-artist fans on many of the books from chapter <br />&nbsp;heading art to cover design and forewords. There's a real team of fans behind the Black Hill Books <br />&nbsp;project!&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;And as usual, there's another instalment from the teen 'Mystery Man Diary' in which Guy enjoys <br />&nbsp;gardening and romantic daydreaming, and his mother sits and types in the car (while the boys go <br />&nbsp;shooting) - and tries to put a stop to the neighbours' gossiping!&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/td&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/tr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/table&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;hr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;table align="center"&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;tr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;td&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h2&gt;The Guy N. Smith Fan Convention 2026&lt;/h2&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;The "Event of the Year" will be located at Knighton Community Centre, Powys on Sunday September 6th <br />&nbsp;and will begin at 12 noon. <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;12:00 - Tara Paulsson will open the event and introduce everyone - and encourage raffle ticket <br />&nbsp;purchases! Original book art - 8 Crabs series covers, Bamboo Guerillas cover, Badger Island cover - <br />&nbsp;and Dad's Imperial Typewriter will be on the display table (far away from the merch/book releases <br />&nbsp;table).&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;12:05 - Comedian/broadcaster Robin Ince talks about Giant Crabs!&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;12:45 - &lt;i&gt;Killer Crabs&lt;/i&gt; Prologue audiobook taster, with narration by Pete Gold (see the last newsletter <br />&nbsp;for more information on Pete, who narrated our Night of the Crabs audiobook)&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;13:00 - Author Mark Morris reads from his latest book &lt;i&gt;'Bad Things Happen Here'&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;13:30 - "Border Bites" Buffet Lunch and Mingle - celebrated comic artist Charlie Adlard will be in <br />&nbsp;attendance!&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;14:15 - Tara reads the Introduction to &lt;i&gt;Pipe Dreams&lt;/i&gt;, Guy N. Smith's memoir&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;14:30 - David Owain Hughes reads an extract from his crime mystery thriller &lt;i&gt;South by Southwest Wales&lt;/i&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;14:45 - Comedian/Writer/Broadcaster Bennett Arron hosts the raffle draw&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;15:00 - Bennett Arron is Quizmaster for our "Beasts and Bayonets" Quiz&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;16:00 - Bennett wears the Auctioneer's Hat (well, it's actually his own hat but, hey, he's versatile) <br />&nbsp;&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;16:30 - Quiz prizes!&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;17:00 - Finish - it'll all be over bar the air-kissing&hellip; but you can snog if you want to&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h3&gt;Some Fan Con 2026 Goodies&lt;/h3&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;Limited edition chapbook of the GNS Fan Con 2026 short story &lt;i&gt;'Hollow Eyes'&lt;/i&gt; by Guy N. Smith&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;Limited edition chapbook of &lt;i&gt;Crabs' Fury&lt;/i&gt; by Guy N. Smith and Charlie Adlard&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;Auction of Bamboo Guerillas and Slime Beast series artwork (oil on canvas, pen and ink - reserve <br />&nbsp;prices apply!), proofed MSS of the latest releases, signed books, a selection Graveyard Rendezvous <br />&nbsp;originals&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;Exhibition of Neale Thomas' Crabs series original painted artwork, mounted on wooden (books 1-8), <br />&nbsp;Rowan Robinson's Badger Island cover art painting&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;Raffle prizes (ooooooh!)&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;An Honorary PhD in GNS Studies awarded by the Great Scribbler Academy of Pulp&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;Free buffet by Borders Bites&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;Free Spotify download code for the Night of the Crabs audiobook launched last year&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h3&gt;Plus&lt;/h3&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;Black Hill Books GNS re-releases at special fan con discount price&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/td&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/tr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;tr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;td&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;hr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h1&gt;Personalities and contributors:&lt;/h1&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h2&gt;Robin Ince&lt;/h2&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h3&gt;Comedian, Writer, Broadcaster&lt;/h3&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;img src="image1.png" alt="Photographer - Alice Degarssi (c) The Cosmic Shambles Network"&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;Robin Ince is many things. A multi award winning comedian, author, broadcaster, bibliomaniac and a <br />&nbsp;populariser of scientific ideas. He is perhaps best known as the former co-host and co-creator of <br />&nbsp;the Sony Gold Award winning BBC Radio 4 series &lt;i&gt;The Infinite Monkey Cage&lt;/i&gt; with Professor Brian Cox. As <br />&nbsp;a stand up Robin has toured the world and as an author he has written four acclaimed books, <br />&nbsp;including &lt;i&gt;Bibliomaniac&lt;/i&gt;, earned him the prestigious Booksellers Association Author of the Year award. <br />&nbsp;His fifth, &lt;i&gt;Normally Weird and Weirdly Normal&lt;/i&gt; is published in May 2025. He co-created the Cosmic <br />&nbsp;Shambles Network and created the groundbreaking science variety night &lt;i&gt;Nine Lessons and Carols&lt;/i&gt; for <br />&nbsp;Curious People which has been adapted worldwide. He has received an Honorary Fellowship of UCL, an <br />&nbsp;honorary doctorate from Royal Holloway College (University of London), and is a fellow of the <br />&nbsp;British Science Association.&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;list&gt;Work includes:&lt;/list&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;ul&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;'Infinite Monkey Cage' (Radio 4)&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;'Giant Killer Crabs Musical' (Latitude Festival 2006/2026)&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;The Incomplete Shambles Podcast&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/ul&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;list&gt;Books:&lt;/list&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;ul&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;'Bad Book Club'&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;'Normally Weird Weirdly Normal'&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;'Bibliomaniac'&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;'The Importance of Being Interested'&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;'I'm a Joke and So Are You'&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/ul&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;list&gt;Plus&lt;/list&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;ul&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;'Crabs on the Rampage' foreword!&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/ul&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;img src="image2.png"&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;img src="image3.png"&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/td&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/tr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;tr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;td&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;hr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h2&gt;Charlie Adlard&lt;/h2&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h3&gt;British Comic Book Artist and Illustrator Charlie Adlard&lt;/h3&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;img src="image4.png" alt="Photographer: Matthew Johnson"&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h4&gt;Winner of the Sergio Aragon&eacute;s International Award for Excellence in Comic Art&lt;/h4&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;Charlie was born on the 4th August 1966 in the town of Shrewsbury, England and, having moved away to <br />&nbsp;study film and video at art college, eventually moved back and still resides there today. Before <br />&nbsp;moving back to Shrewsbury, he spent a brief stint in London, finding out that the BA he'd earned at <br />&nbsp;art college was pretty useless in getting a job in the film industry, and, after failing to set the <br />&nbsp;world alight playing the drums in a rock band, eventually settled on the "third" option - which was <br />&nbsp;comics. An option he finally realised should have been number one right from the beginning. After <br />&nbsp;spending two years back in Shrewsbury, working on a portfolio, he eventually found his first work at <br />&nbsp;the Judge Dredd Megazine in 1992 and hasn't looked back since.&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;list&gt;Work includes:&lt;/list&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;ul&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;The Walking Dead&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;Mars Attacks&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;The X-Files&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;Judge Dredd&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;Savage&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;Batman&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;X-Men&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;Superman&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/ul&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;list&gt;Plus:&lt;/list&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;ul&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;Crabs' Fury Graphic Novel!&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/ul&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;img src="image5.png"&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;img src="image6.png"&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/td&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/tr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;tr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;td&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;hr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h2&gt;Bennett Arron&lt;/h2&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h3&gt;Comedian / Writer / Presenter / Speaker&lt;/h3&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;img src="image7.png"&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h4&gt;BBC New Comedy Awards Finalist alongside Peter Kay&lt;/h4&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;In 2023, following a successful and award-winning run at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival (Top Ten Jokes <br />&nbsp;of the Fringe, Poster of the Year Award), Bennett was about to work on a TV project, write a new <br />&nbsp;book and perform at various venues around the world. Then, for the first time ever, he began to <br />&nbsp;suffer from anxiety and depression. His life fell apart. He had to cancel everything and he couldn't <br />&nbsp;even leave his house.&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;Two years later, Bennett returned to the Festival with a show based on his experiences. The funny, <br />&nbsp;poignant, moving and relatable show played to full houses and was critically acclaimed. Bennett has <br />&nbsp;created dozens of episodes of television, three series for radio, one feature film, three books and <br />&nbsp;thousands of hours of material for other entertainers. Genie in The House was the number one show on <br />&nbsp;Nickelodeon. Bennett wrote over 20 episodes of the series and the TV Movie.&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;list&gt;Work includes:&lt;/list&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;ul&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;'I Regret This Already' stand up show (Edinburgh)&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;The role of 'Morris' in Radio 4 sitcom 'Alone'&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;Presenter/Director of 'How to Steal an Identity' Channel 4 documentary:&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;Mock the Week&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;Have I Got News for You&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;Graham Norton&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;BAFTA and Golden Globes speechwriting&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/ul&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;list&gt;Books:&lt;/list&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;ul&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;'Heard the One About Identity Theft?'&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;'The Girl From the Discotheque'&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/ul&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/td&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/tr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;tr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;td&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;hr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h2&gt;David Owain Hughes&lt;/h2&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h3&gt;Author&lt;/h3&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;img src="image8.png"&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;David Owain Hughes is a word-slinger of horror and crime fiction who grew up on trashy B-movies from <br />&nbsp;the age of five which helped rapidly instil in him a vivid sense of imagination. He's had multiple <br />&nbsp;short stories published in various online magazines and anthologies, along with articles, reviews <br />&nbsp;and interviews. He's written for This is Horror, Blood Magazine and Horror Geeks Magazine. Hughes is <br />&nbsp;the author of six novels, four short story collections and a plethora of novellas. Although he <br />&nbsp;predominantly writes within the the bracket of horror and its multiple subgenres, he's recently <br />&nbsp;branched out into crime fiction and is slowly carving out a superb series of crime/noir thrillers <br />&nbsp;under the umbrella title of South Wales.&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;list&gt;Work includes:&lt;/list&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;ul&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;South by Southwest Wales&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;Any Which Way but South Wales&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;All Roads Lead to South Wales&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;Wind-up Toy&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;Man-eating F*cks&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;The Rack and Cue&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/ul&gt; <br />&nbsp;Plus <br />&nbsp;&lt;ul&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;'Cannibals' foreword!!&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/ul&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;img src="image9.png"&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;img src="image10.png"&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;img src="image11.png"&gt; <br />&lt;br&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;img src="image12.png"&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/td&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/tr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;tr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;td&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;hr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h2&gt;Mark Morris&lt;/h2&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h3&gt;Author&lt;/h3&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;img src="image13.png"&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;In his 38-year career Mark Morris has written and edited over fifty novels, novellas, short story <br />&nbsp;collections and anthologies, and his script work includes audio dramas for Doctor Who, Jago &amp; <br />&nbsp;Litefoot and the Hammer Chillers series. His most recent work includes the novels That Which Stands <br />&nbsp;Outside and Bad Things Happen Here, new audio adaptations of the classic 1971 horror movie &lt;i&gt;Blood <br />&nbsp;on <br />&nbsp;Satan's Claw&lt;/i&gt; and the M.R. James ghost story &lt;i&gt;A View From a Hill&lt;/i&gt;, the official BBC <br />&nbsp;Books/Target <br />&nbsp;novelization of the 60th anniversary Doctor Who special &lt;i&gt;Wild Blue Yonder&lt;/i&gt;, and, as editor, an <br />&nbsp;anthology in the acclaimed &lt;i&gt;'Tales of the Weird'&lt;/i&gt; series published by the British Library, <br />&nbsp;entitled <br />&nbsp;The New Flesh: Tales of Shapeshifters and Strange Transformations, and six anthologies in the <br />&nbsp;ongoing ABC of Horror series for Flame Tree Press. Blood on Satan's Claw won the New York Festival <br />&nbsp;Radio Award for Best Drama Special, and A View From a Hill won the New York Festival Radio Award for <br />&nbsp;Best Digital Drama Program, and was also awarded Silver at the 2020 Audio &amp; Radio Industry Awards. <br />&nbsp;Mark has won two British Fantasy Awards, and has also been nominated for several Stokers and Shirley <br />&nbsp;Jackson Awards.&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;list&gt;Work includes:&lt;/list&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;ul&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;Bad Things Happen Here&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;That Which Stands Outside&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;The Society of Blood&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;The Black&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;Mr Bad Face&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;The Deluge&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;Toady&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;The Wolves of London&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/ul&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;list&gt;Plus&lt;/list&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;ul&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;Origin of the Crabs foreword!&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/ul&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/td&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/tr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;tr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;td&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;hr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h2&gt;Jon Bruford&lt;/h2&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h3&gt;Writer, journalist and broadcaster&lt;/h3&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;img src="image14.png"&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;Co-host of The Gambling Files, Addiction, and TGF Presents Dessert Island Discs podcasts&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;list&gt;Work includes:&lt;/list&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;ul&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;Managing Editor of Casino International publication&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;Publishing Director, Fulwoord Media&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;Content and Editorial, The Gaming Boardroom&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;The Gambling Files Substack Blog&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/ul&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;list&gt;Plus&lt;/list&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;ul&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;li&gt;'Bamboo Guerillas' foreword!&lt;/li&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/ul&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;img src="image15.png"&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/td&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/tr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;tr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;td&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;hr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h2&gt;Chris Hall&lt;/h2&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h3&gt;Business professional, Black Hill Books contributing artist, writer/content creator at <br />&nbsp;DLSReviews.com - <br />&nbsp;and Killer Crabs: The Return foreword writer!&lt;/h3&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;img src="image16.png"&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;img src="image16b.png"&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h3&gt;From the last newsletter's 'Last Word' column:&lt;/h3&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;I've attended every annual GNS Fan Convention since 2010. Guy and his wonderful family have also <br />&nbsp;become <br />&nbsp;good friends. I've also been lucky enough to be killed at the claws of the giant crabs within the <br />&nbsp;novella 'Killer Crabs 2: The Return'. As anyone who spends five-minutes in my company will no doubt <br />&nbsp;testify, preserving the legacy of GNS is very important to me. To this day I've continually done <br />&nbsp;what I <br />&nbsp;can to promote Guy's work and document what was published. My website - DLS Reviews - an openly <br />&nbsp;verbose <br />&nbsp;labour of love, is where I continually add more in-depth reviews of GNS's work, more to provide an <br />&nbsp;online reference for those wanting to find out more about Guy's back catalogue, than anything else. <br />&nbsp;&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;img src="image17.png"&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/td&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/tr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;tr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;td&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;hr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h2&gt;Hal C F Astell&lt;/h2&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h3&gt;Author, critic, publisher - and The Slime Beast foreword writer!&lt;/h3&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;img src="image18.png"&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;Hal C. F. Astell is a critic, author, publisher and film festival director who runs the Apocalypse <br />&nbsp;Later <br />&nbsp;Empire from his lair in Phoenix, Arizona. He has many books and zines in print through Apocalypse <br />&nbsp;Later <br />&nbsp;Press. His website is apocalypselaterempire.com.&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;He found Guy's work in the early eighties, met the man himself in 1993 and soon became a friend, <br />&nbsp;colleague and IT support guy. He was Production Director for Black Hills Books (Publishers), laying <br />&nbsp;out <br />&nbsp;Guy's first three self-published novels and a few issues of Graveyard Rendezvous. He contributed <br />&nbsp;fiction <br />&nbsp;to Graveyard and non fiction to Hell of a Guy: Fans on the Rampage, Sabat Antologia tom 2 (in <br />&nbsp;Polish) <br />&nbsp;and GNS3.&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;He ran Guy's first official website and continues to maintain Smithland at guynsmith.rocks. He owns a <br />&nbsp;substantial collection of Guy's manuscripts, which have helped deepen his ongoing read and review <br />&nbsp;runthrough of all Guy's books for the Nameless Zine, the first third of which can be found in print <br />&nbsp;in <br />&nbsp;the Apocalypse Later Zine, Guy N. Smith Part One. <a href="https://a.co/d/0aesKPJp" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">https://a.co/d/0aesKPJp</a>&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;img src="image19.png"&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;img src="image20.png"&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/td&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/tr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/table&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;hr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;table align="center"&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;tr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;td&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h2&gt;GNS in the Wild!&lt;/h2&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;One of our eagle-eyed fans spotted this extract from Stephen Graham Jones's foreword to "Video Night" <br />&nbsp;by <br />&nbsp;Adam Cesare.&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;img src="image21.png"&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;Nice!&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;And again, this article was spotted by a contributor, so we got in touch with John Harrison and a <br />&nbsp;responded with a few words!&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h2&gt;&lt;i&gt;"Werewolves, Slime Beasts and Killer Crabs"&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/h2&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h2&gt;by John Harrison&lt;/h2&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h3&gt;Writer and journalist&lt;/h3&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;img src="image22.png"&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;img src="image23.png"&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h4&gt;A little bit about John Harrison&lt;/h4&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;"I am a freelance writer based in Melbourne, Australia, who grew up in the 1970s and 80s developing <br />&nbsp;the <br />&nbsp;obsessions that I now spend a lot of my time writing about: cult cinema, vintage pulp paperbacks, <br />&nbsp;old <br />&nbsp;comic books, glam rock music, true crime, and the Las Vegas of yesteryear. I have contributed <br />&nbsp;hundreds <br />&nbsp;of pieces to books, magazines and websites, as well as many Blu-ray releases. My most recent book, <br />&nbsp;CREATURES OF THE SCREEN, a history of the rock group KISS told via their film and television work, <br />&nbsp;as <br />&nbsp;well as an examination of the films which have been inspired by them, was published by Bear Manor <br />&nbsp;Media <br />&nbsp;in 2025.&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;I first wrote about Guy N. Smith in my 2011 book, HIP POCKET SLEAZE: THE LURID WORLD OF VINTAGE ADULT <br />&nbsp;PAPERBACKS. As I mention in my recent article in WE BELONG DEAD, I was introduced to Guy's work in <br />&nbsp;much <br />&nbsp;the same way I imagine so many others of my age were: by picking up a copy of KILLER CRABS from the <br />&nbsp;newsagents when I was a young teen, and quickly devouring it in one sitting. It certainly led me to <br />&nbsp;wanting to track down any book I could find that had Guy's name on it..and they rarely disappointed! <br />&nbsp;&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;While it is sad that Guy is no longer with us in body, it's wonderful to see his work, and his <br />&nbsp;character, living on through both his books and his fans, not to mention all the younger horror <br />&nbsp;writers <br />&nbsp;who have been influenced by his great works."&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/td&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/tr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/table&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;hr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;table align="center"&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;tr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;td&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h1&gt;LATEST RELEASES!&lt;/h1&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h2&gt;Killer Crabs - the audiobook!&lt;/h2&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;img src="image24.png"&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h3&gt;Amazon Author Page&lt;/h3&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;img src="image25.png"&gt; <br />&nbsp;<a href="https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/author/B0034NE89E?ingress=0&amp;visitId=75897d31-88b0-4d50-a84b-7807e8a79e8e" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/author/B0034NE89E?ingress=0&amp;visitId=75897d31-88b0-4d50-a84b-7807e8a79e8e</a> <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;If you use Amazon, please follow Guy's page.&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/td&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/tr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/table&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;hr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;table align="center"&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;tr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;td&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h2&gt;"Mystery Man" Diary 1957&lt;/h2&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;img src="MysteryMan.png"&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;Here is the eighth instalment of Guy's secret teenage diary, originally handwritten, and published in <br />&nbsp;our GNS newsletters for the first time. Guy would have been just 18 years old when he wrote it and <br />&nbsp;was already working in the Midland Bank. Enjoy!&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;&lt;u&gt;&lt;b&gt;Sunday April 14th&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/u&gt;&lt;br&gt; <br />&nbsp;Got up around 11am &amp; got to work on the garden. Tied up the ramblers, planted some scabius &amp; made a <br />&nbsp;marrow bed out of the front refuse heap. Saw Billie &amp; Nellie. Tidied out the shed &amp; cut the two <br />&nbsp;'easy' lawns. I then cut the two pieces of rough grass with the edging tool. I finished them and <br />&nbsp;made a good job. A good day's work!&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;&lt;u&gt;&lt;b&gt;Monday April 15th&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/u&gt;&lt;br&gt; <br />&nbsp;A very good day indeed! I caught the 4.42 today for the first time on a Monday since i have been at <br />&nbsp;New Street. I was home at 5.20pm &amp; I got right into the garden. I finished off cutting the grass in <br />&nbsp;the "orchard". I then cut the grass by the front hedge &amp; finished it. Took Mr Buckingham &amp; Jack <br />&nbsp;White a load of grass cuttings for the fowls? Foals?&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;&lt;u&gt;&lt;b&gt;Tuesday April 16th&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/u&gt;&lt;br&gt; <br />&nbsp;Another very good day. I got the 4.42 train home. I finished cutting grass, patched up the two large <br />&nbsp;flower pots &amp; sowed some cress in the shed. Went dancing with Sam Loughhead. Learnt the Samba. We <br />&nbsp;gave two girls a lift as far as Two Gates. They seemed a bit dubious at first but plucked up courage <br />&nbsp;and got in. I might ask them sometime in the future.&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;&lt;u&gt;&lt;b&gt;Wednesday April 17th&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/u&gt;&lt;br&gt; <br />&nbsp;We had all balanced at 4 o/c when Tony Hill came and told me to go &amp; help find a London difference. <br />&nbsp;I got the 4.40 bus home &amp; rode with Mr and Mrs Davis. I did some gardening. I made a flower pot out <br />&nbsp;of the old chimney pot I took some grass cuttings down to Grandma's. I put my kidney beans in.&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;&lt;u&gt;&lt;b&gt;hursday April 18th&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/u&gt;&lt;br&gt; <br />&nbsp;Had a nasty difference &amp; had to tick the "Others" section off. I came home on the 5.51 bus. I came <br />&nbsp;home with Julia Buckley. I put some Godetia in the back flower beds. I went down to Grandma's. Joe <br />&nbsp;Dawson blew in, but didn't stay long! I rang up Mrs Phizacklea &amp; she says I can go up there shooting <br />&nbsp;on Sat evening.&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;&lt;u&gt;&lt;b&gt;Friday April 18th&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/u&gt;&lt;br&gt; <br />&nbsp;(Good Friday) <br />&nbsp;Went to church in the morning. Congregation consisted of Greato rex (singer), another woman and <br />&nbsp;myself! I came back &amp; cut the lawns. Went up to see Mr Price about some firewood but he wasn't in. I <br />&nbsp;put my mushroom spawn down. I sawed up an old Christmas tree for logs &amp; prepared another.&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;&lt;u&gt;&lt;b&gt;Saturday April 20th&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/u&gt;&lt;br&gt; <br />&nbsp;Back home at 2pm. I sawed up the other Christmas tree into 9 logs. Mr Price said I could have any <br />&nbsp;chippings I could find. I fetched a big load of chippings &amp; larger stuff. Stocked them behind the <br />&nbsp;shed. Went shooting to Phizacklea's. Had one shot - got nothing. Mum sat and typed in the car.&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;&lt;u&gt;&lt;b&gt;Sunday April 21st&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/u&gt;&lt;br&gt; <br />&nbsp;(Easter Sunday) <br />&nbsp;Went to church in the morning. Came back and began to lay in firewood. On the last trip, I ran into <br />&nbsp;Arthur. I tried to avoid him by cutting across an open space but he yelled "Get off my trees." Could <br />&nbsp;have been worse! Did some gardening. Rodney &amp; Kay arrived at Billy's today. Clarkes called tonight. <br />&nbsp;&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;&lt;u&gt;&lt;b&gt;Monday 22nd April&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/u&gt;&lt;br&gt; <br />&nbsp;(Easter Monday) <br />&nbsp;Did a couple of hours gardening at Grandma's. In the afternoon I tidied out our air-raid shelter. I <br />&nbsp;took all the rubbish down to Grandma's &amp; burnt it. I cut the privet hedge by the shelter. Wrote a <br />&nbsp;story "Brotherhood of the Viper" for the "Tettenhall Observer." A good day's work. Rodney &amp; Kay went <br />&nbsp;back today.&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;&lt;u&gt;&lt;b&gt;Tuesday 23rd April&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/u&gt;&lt;br&gt; <br />&nbsp;I'm up at Longbridge this week. It was very peaceful today. Only one customer between 1 &amp; 3 o/c. The <br />&nbsp;police warned us about a &pound;5 note a murderer was likely to cash. I am on late post. Got the 6.20 <br />&nbsp;train home. I am staying at Grandma's as Mum, Dad and Lance went to Llandudno this morning. Went up <br />&nbsp;home in the evening. Had a glass of beer with Billy &amp; Nellie. Showed Billy round our place. Slept at <br />&nbsp;Grandma's. I am very keen on Angela Teague!!!&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;&lt;u&gt;&lt;b&gt;Wednesday 24th April&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/u&gt;&lt;br&gt; <br />&nbsp;Fairly busy up at Longbridge today. Everything went O.K. Did not even catch sight of Angela Teague <br />&nbsp;today. I got home at 7.20pm after late post. I went up home &amp; had the gramophone on, did some <br />&nbsp;watering &amp; went round to Billy's for a glass of beer. We think old Dale has got a job. Billy has <br />&nbsp;been stuffing both Coles and Roberts about the way my garden is coming on!&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;&lt;u&gt;&lt;b&gt;Thursday 25th April&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/u&gt;&lt;br&gt; <br />&nbsp;A very quiet day indeed up at Longbridge. Harry Neale told me his "life story." We had quite a busy <br />&nbsp;late post &amp; I got the 6.35 bus home. Home at 7.50pm. Someone has meddled with my traps. Arthur told <br />&nbsp;Billy he is going to close up the backs into the wood. He said, "You've only got to look down the <br />&nbsp;backs to see who does the pinching." Had a glass of beer with Billy &amp; Nellie.&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;&lt;u&gt;&lt;b&gt;Friday 26th April&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/u&gt;&lt;br&gt; <br />&nbsp;A very busy day up at Longbridge. I got home at 7 o/c having walked from Mile Oak. I thought I would <br />&nbsp;try and put a gate on the back up by the wood. I took the trellis gate off from the side of the <br />&nbsp;house &amp; tried to put that up. It was about a foot too short. Mum, Dad and Lance arrived back from <br />&nbsp;Llandudno tonight.&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;&lt;u&gt;&lt;b&gt;Saturday 27th April&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/u&gt;&lt;br&gt; <br />&nbsp;Got home about 3 o/c. Mum is a bit bad-tempered I think. She says Billy is only trying to stir up <br />&nbsp;trouble between Arthur &amp; me. I went shooting to Phizacklea's. Didn't get anything because she (Mum) <br />&nbsp;said I was to be back before dark. No point in going if that's the case! I'm more determined than <br />&nbsp;ever to approach Angela!&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;&lt;u&gt;&lt;b&gt;Sunday 28th April&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/u&gt;&lt;br&gt; <br />&nbsp;Did not get up till 11am. Did some gardening. Watered the whole garden. Got the dandelions off the <br />&nbsp;lawn. Killed thousands of ants by pouring boiling water in the ditch beneath the front rockery. I <br />&nbsp;saw Billy &amp; Nellie in the afternoon. I also had a chat to Fred &amp; Mrs Cole. She says my peas are the <br />&nbsp;highest in Hopwas! I am still thinking of Angela Teague!!!&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;&lt;u&gt;&lt;b&gt;&gt;Monday 29th April&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/u&gt;&lt;br&gt; <br />&nbsp;Busiest day so far in the history of Longbridge. Got the 5.5 bus home; home at 6.20pm. Arthur has <br />&nbsp;spoken to Mum &amp; Dad. It is all a lot of tittle-tattle on Billy's part. Arthur does not hate me. He's <br />&nbsp;got it in for Coles though. That's a bit of bother cleared up! I played my gramophone outside <br />&nbsp;tonight, did some watering and put in a row of parsley. I'm crazy over Angela Teague!!!&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;p&gt;&lt;u&gt;&lt;b&gt;Tuesday 30th April &lt;/b&gt;&lt;/u&gt;&lt;br&gt; <br />&nbsp;A reasonable day up at Longbridge. Mrs Cole came up to me this evening &amp; said that Arthur had told <br />&nbsp;her Mum was annoyed at the "house to house gossip" &amp; he blamed Coles. I soothed her down O.K. <br />&nbsp;Needless to say Billy &amp; Nellie aren't very popular! I went up to Mrs Winfield with Sam Loughead. <br />&nbsp;Everyone, practically, who was here tonight couldn't dance! I am still thinking of Angela!&lt;/p&gt; <br />&nbsp;image.png <br />&nbsp;&lt;/td&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/tr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/table&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;hr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;table align="center"&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;tr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;td&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h3&gt;Newsletter written and compiled by Tara Paulsson.&lt;/h3&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;h2&gt;Black Hill Books Ltd would like to say a big thank <br />&nbsp;you to all our contributors.&lt;/h2&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;copyright&gt;Copyright (c)\ufe0f August 2026 Black Hill Books Ltd&lt;/copyright&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/td&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/tr&gt; <br />&nbsp;&lt;/table&gt; <br />&lt;/body&gt; <br />&lt;/html&gt;</div>
</body></html>